An effective site audit is a thorough and systematic examination of a research site’s processes, data, and compliance with regulatory requirements. At GCT typically involves the following key elements:
- Preparation: Before the audit, our auditors review relevant documents, including the study protocol, informed consent forms, and site-specific files, to understand the trial’s context.
- On-Site Visit: We conduct a physical visit to the investigational site to observe operations, verify data, and interview site personnel. This provides a firsthand assessment of site practices.
- Data Verification: We verify the accuracy and completeness of trial data by comparing source documents with case report forms (CRFs) or electronic data capture (EDC) systems.
- Compliance Assessment: We assess the site’s adherence to the study protocol, regulatory requirements, and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. This includes evaluating informed consent procedures, documentation, and safety reporting.
- Documentation Review: Our auditors examine records and documents related to the trial, such as subject enrollment logs, regulatory submissions, and communication records with sponsors and ethics committees.
- Interviews: We conduct interviews with site personnel, including investigators, coordinators, and other key staff members, to gather information and assess their understanding of trial procedures.
- Findings and Observations: We document any non-compliance issues, deviations, or deficiencies identified during the audit. Distinguish between critical findings that could impact patient safety or data integrity and non-critical findings.
- Report Preparation: We compile the audit findings and observations into a comprehensive report, which includes a summary of the audit, identified issues, and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Corrective Action Follow-up: We track and verify the implementation of corrective actions by the site in response to audit findings. Ensure that issues are adequately addressed and resolved.
- Audit Closure: At the end, we conclude the audit by providing a final report to the site and relevant stakeholders. We acknowledge the satisfactory resolution of issues or outline any outstanding concerns.
Let’s keep in touch!
Get the latest news about GCT and the projects we support in a monthly email. View the mailing archive