Clinical Research in Georgia
Georgia has a population of 3.75 million people and is located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe on the coast of the Black Sea. Georgia has become an attractive region for clinical trials due to the recent development of the country’s Healthcare System, as well as one of the shortest CTA review timelines within Europe.
In the last 5 years, Georgia has focused on reduction of disease burden and mortality. Currently, there are around 300 clinical centers and hospitals, most of which are located in Tbilisi. In total, Georgia has more than 16 000 hospital beds.
Many local and global companies conduct clinical research in Georgia due to numerous advantages the country has to offer:
- Full compliance with the ICH- GCP
- Clear regulatory requirements and a simplified process ofdocuments submission
- Single license for import and export of the study drug
- Highest quality of data inspected and accepted by EMA and FDA
- Quick Start-up. It takes only 2 months to initiate a study
- Qualified Medical and clinical centers with experience in clinical studies
- Highly motivated investigators, site teams and patients
- Recognized International standards for disease treatment and prevention
Key local authority: Ministry of Health of Georgia