American Heart Month is held every year in February. This is the time when the nation spotlights heart diseases’ daunting relevance: 1 in 3 women are diagnosed with a heart disease each year.
What can you do to lower your risk of heart disease?
- Keep a healthy and balanced diet
- Get regular exercise
- Limit alcohol and smoking
- Find ways to manage stress
- Make sure that you get enough sleep
- Keep an eye on your blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride
This campaign was proclaimed by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964.