Last updated: May 24, 2018
Data Protection Officer
256 Bunn Drive, Suite 6, Princeton, New Jersey 08540 USA
+1 (609) 921 6868
Who is collecting the data?
The data is being collected and controlled by Global Clinical Trials, LLC, having the official residence at 256 Bunn Drive, Suite 6, Princeton, New Jersey 08540 USA.
What are our legal grounds for collecting the data?
We strive to obtaining your explicit consent every time we collect your personal data, but we may also receive it in course of fulfilling contractual obligations with our partners. Less personally identifiable technical data such as IP, web browser data and website interaction records might be collected automatically, without asking for your explicit consent in course of conducting marketing activities, which we regard to be in our legitimate interests.
What personal information do we collect?
When using our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details. Additionally, we may collect network data (such as your IP) and behavioral data (such as the history of your interactions with our website).
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, surf the website or use other website features, provide us with feedback on our products or services or otherwise enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are likely most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service your requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with correspondence (including, but not limited to live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we share your personal information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. With them, we might share the minimum sufficient amount of information, given we have signed legally binding data protection agreements. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Non personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing analytics or other uses.
How do we store and protect your information?
We store your data on servers physically located in the United States, but may share it with companies in other countries (see above). We implement a variety of security measures including, but not limited to regular malware and virus scanning, keeping personal information behind secured networks only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
How long will we keep your data?
We will keep your data as long as practical for a particular purpose. For example, if you fill out any of the forms, we will expect that you consider a business interest in contacting us and keep the information expecting that you are interested in receiving information from us. We may automatically delete information which didn’t generate a business contact after a certain period, typically 5 years, but we are not taking this as an obligation.
The technical browsing data which we use for aggregate analytics might be kept indefinitely long.
Your Rights, including Right To Be Forgotten
We respect data rights provided by the GDPR to all our website visitors, partners and clients, regardless of their citizenship, location, origin etc.
We fully support your right to modify or delete the personal data we have collected about you. Please contact our Data Protection Officer (contact information above) to request a copy of the information we have collected about you, to be revised and updated, or request deletion of it. We will strive to process the request within thirty business days.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. Since all browsers are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies settings. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It might have an impact on your experience, but most of the site features should remain usable.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users are allowed and welcome to visit our site anonymously.
- Users can change their personal information:
- We will strive to honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place and as long as the software and services that we use properly supports this function.
- We allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
This site is primarily a business-to-business tool, and we do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
United States Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- Send email notifications within 7 business days of a data breach discovery
- Post a notification on our website within 7 business days of a data breach discovery
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.