Highlights of the conference “Relevant issues of preclinical and clinical research of medicines, cellular biomedicines and clinical trials of medical devices”
GCT participated at the VI Annual Conference “Relevant issues of preclinical and clinical research of medicines, cellular biomedicines and clinical trials of medical devices” at Pavlov First State Medical University of St. Petersburg.
The following major trends in the field of pre-clinical and clinical research in Russia were reported:
- Central Ethics Committee approval squeezed up to 16 days;
- BE trials are not in trend (19% of all trials conducted in Russia);
- Oncology is the largest and most extensively studied therapeutic area;
- The number of clinical trials of originator drugs increased;
- Overall prevalence of Phase 3 studies (44 %);
- An increase in sample size;
- The growth of clinical trials with pediatric population.
Overall, not only lower costs, but also shorter enrollment periods, higher recruitment rates, improvements in regulatory framework and rapid development of clinical trial infrastructure makes Russia a very attractive location for all types of clinical trials.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Updated: April 20th, 2018